Friday, October 8, 2010

KANWAL - MY SISTER OVERSEAS

I was talking to someone who is very dear to my heart. We have never and probably will never meet in real life but she has touched my life in ways that I don't think she understands. If you don't read/follow her blog, I think you definitely should. Yesterday she told me some she had escaped death, twice, in one day. You can read about it HERE.

She explained it, via facebook chat, to me in more detail,with more emotion. It brought tears to my eyes and I couldn't believe it. I had been wondering if I was even able to cry anymore, it had been so long since the last time I had. I needed it, I only wish it came from something else.. A sad movie, intense frustration within my own life. Not the brush my friend had with death.

Kanwal, I love you. You ARE like a sister to me. You have been a tremendous support. You tell me how it is, straight up, serious, and that's how I need to be told things. I am blessed, I need to stop some things I'm doing, I need to be thankful for having so much freedom. I do really hope we can somehow meet someday. We'd trade stories of opposite cultures. I'd figure out exactly what the time difference is between Pensylvania and Pakistan so I don't have to ask you everytime we talk.

She is truly an amazing person. A great writer. Shocking. Funny. Hilarious actually. She brings a smile to my face. I LOVE YOU BEAUTIFUL KANWAL. You little shit.

No comments: