Thursday, November 5, 2009

read this book.

joshua mohr - some things that meant the world to me

  • I tried to say something confident, so he knew i'd take care of this, and that there was nothing to worry about. "After its burned, we'll roast marshmallow in its ashes."
    "We dont even like marshmallows," he said.
    "That's not the point."
    "When was the last time you even had a marshmallow?"
    "They're metaphorical marshmallows."
    "What's a metaphor?"
    "Shut up," i said.
  • People swalled Soma. It was a pill. It was a pill to make them happy. I swallowed klonopin. "Is it like soma," i asked angel-hair. "yes and no," he said. Left eye. I wrote a paper about swallowing Soma and my teacher told me it moved her.
  • I staggered past a homeles man pushing a shopping cart full of plastic orange jack o lanterns; he had a sign hanging from the front of the cart that said Donate to the United Negro Pizza Fund.

No comments: